[Sticky] How to manage SMTP configuration and troubleshoot the issues?
Please follow the steps:
Go to the path in your application: app/Config/constants.php
Set the following in Gmail SMTP:
define(“SMTP_UNAME”, “[email protected]”);
Please provide your smtp username and password to configure your SMTP.
If you are finding problem after setting the username and password then please check the below:
- Go to your php.ini file and enable the “php_openssl” in you PHP setting.
- You need to enable extension=php_openssl.dll on php.ini file. If you are still facing the problem then the port 465 is not available. Try with 587 port.
- Otherwise, Please contact with your server administrator
Please run the following URL to check email is working or not:
- http://localhost/orangescrum/cron/test_email/?to=emailId (if you are using localhost)
- http://127.0.0.1/orangescrum/cron/test_email/?to=emailId (if you are using IP)
- http://myprojects.orangescrum.com/cron/test_email/?to=emailId (if you are using any valid domain)
According to the response received in your browser, here is how you can fix your SMTP configuration- Read more