Why am I not able to receive email/ not able to invite users?
In order to know the reason of the issue, you need to go for email test.
Please run the following URL to check email is working or not:
http://localhost/orangescrum/cron/test_email/?to=emailId (if you are using localhost)
http://127.0.0.1/orangescrum/cron/test_email/?to=emailId (if you are using IP)
http://myprojects.orangescrum.com/cron/test_email/?to=emailId (if you are using any valid domain)
Note:- Make sure you use valid email ID and domain while doing email test.
Please check the response you get after the email test.
- 465 is not responding:-You can change the port number to 587 or 25.Please open app/Controller/Component/SendgridComponent.php – add ‘tls’ => true to email config array in both sendgridSmtp and sendGridEmail functions.
If none of the ports are responding, then please enable one of the port (465,587 or 25)
- Simple Email Caught exception: SMTP Error: 535 5.7.3 Authentication unsuccessful
Template Email Caught exception: SMTP Error: 535 5.7.3 Authentication unsuccessful
This may be due to below reasons:-
- Your SMTP credentials are not recognized: – This may appear if you have given incorrect credentials in the SMTP configuration. Please check the username and password in constants.php.
- Your mail server does not authenticate the emails from Orangescrum:- In such cases, change smtp to mail in constants.php file.
define(“EMAIL_DELIVERY”, “smtp”); change to define(“EMAIL_DELIVERY”, “mail”);
and in app/Controller/Component/SendgridComponent.php
change: $this->Email->delivery = ‘smtp’; to $this->Email->delivery = EMAIL_DELIVERY;
3. This error also appears when you server response is slow.
- Simple Email Caught exception: SMTP Error: 534 5.7.14 https://support.google.com/mail/answer/7875478 – gsmtp
Template Email Caught exception: SMTP Error: 534 5.7.14 https://support.google.com/mail/answer/78754 a63sm15919313ede.89 – gsmtp
When such errors appear, then make sure you’re not using 2 step verification and less secure app setting is ON.
- Simple Email Caught exception: SMTP timeout.
Template Email Caught exception: SMTP timeout.
If you are using gmail, then make sure IMAP and POP is enabled for your SMTP server
- Simple Email Caught exception: SMTP Error: 530 5.7.0 Must issue a STARTTLS command first. 10sm23128354pfi.72 – gsmtp
Template Email Caught exception: SMTP Error: 530 5.7.0 Must issue a STARTTLS command first. e8sm23225321pfk.6 –gsmtp
Please go to orangescrum\lib\Cake\Network\Email\SmtpTransport.php
and change the tls value to false. If it is false, then change it to true.
How to install PHPMailer add-on in Orangescrum Community Edition?
Can I send emails without SMTP?
What payment modes do you accept?
Why my Quick Signup page is breaking after installation?
Why I got this "4 simple steps to get started with OrangeScrum" page?
Why quick sign page breaks after installing Orangescrum in centos?
Facing 500 Internal server error on wamp server?
How to set up cron job for Linux server?
How to set up cron for windows?